Monday, May 7, 2012

Portugal, Baby!

Hola todos!

I just got back from spending an amazing weekend in Lagos, Portugal. This was my last trip of my vacation over the past 4 months. I have 10 more days left and I am spending my last weekend in Granada with my parents.

**So just letting you guys know that I´m just going to let the pictures tell the majority of the story of this blog with a little naration by yours truly. I can repeat the word "beautiful" as many times as I want, but I´ll let you guys see for yourselves.  

The weekend started at 6am on Friday as we headed out on about a 6 hour bus ride to Lagos. Before the bus took us to the hotel, they dropped us off at some cliffs for great scenic pictures.




Lagos is facing the Atlantic Ocean and is bordered with cliffs such as these. Then we headed for the beach that was a 2 minute walk right outside of the hotel. Laying on the beach was so relaxing. Hanging out with great friends, listening to the ocean, and soaking up the sun is a great ending trip.

Saturday we went on a sailboat and bottomless sangria was provided for us. I get motion sickness somewhat easily so I laid off of too much sangria. During the ride, a few of us at a time got to go in a smaller boat and get a closer look at the cliffs from the ocean view.












Entonces, that night we went to "The End of the World" to watch the sunset. This was the most western point until some guy discovered more land further west in 1492. It was a little cloudy that night so we didn´t actually get to see the sun fully set, but it was great regardless. It was a time for thinking and reflection. Those especially in my thoughts at this time as I was watching the sun set were my aunt Nancy and cousins Kim and Kristi. Love you guys!



The water was way too cold to go swimming so I mainly just stayed on the nice, warm beach for the majority of this trip. I would have loved to jump right in, but I could barely get past my knees without running out. That was really the only bummer to the trip, but that was not a big deal. Now I can say that I have been to the Atlantic Ocean from Florida, (United States/North America), Morocco (Africa), and Portugal (Europe).

More pictures:














Well folks, I am sorry if I disappoint with a lack of stories. I´m not usually one for making up excuses but I am going to pull the "it´s the end of the semester and I don´t want to do anything" card. I understand that I haven´t been doing anything this entire semester, but that´s just it. That very problem has created my problem of not wanted to do more work than the non existent work that I have right now. Especially after this Portugal trip where I just laid on the beach for as long as I wanted. Blogging is not on the top of my to-do list. I should have one more next week to write a little about my parents being here in Granada. I may or may not to do a final blog after I return to the US. Depends on how I´m feeling. Who knows, I´ll probably just tell you face to face instead of you having to read about it =)










No comments:

Post a Comment